I’m baaaaack! Also, what are you thinking? Why are you here? This blog is terrible! But it will get better, hopefully. Maybe. I only sort of care. That’s part of my charm. So we’ll see how well this turns out. Anyways, after a long hiatus of most things funny, I’ve decided to start updating this again.
But first, here are some life updates to know:
- I’m still alive! And I’m still funny (maybe, that’s always debatable)!
- I moved back to the Bay Area after Austin, which is where I wrote pretty much all of the past entries. I miss Austin and would love to move back someday. Now I live in the ‘burbs of SF not to far from the airport. Got a sweet deal and loving it here too.
- I left adverti666sing for a more noble and satisfying career in actually helping people by teaching them to gain control of their space, time, and stuff. It’s called Professional Organizing and it’s a lot like that show Hoarders but less gross. Most of the time. I no longer get paid to be funny though, which is all the more reason for me to start posting again. Overall I get paid to do more things I love and less things I feel bad about, so this is a huge improvement. Advertising was a weird direction for me, and in theme with this blog and my life, it only barely made any sense for me to be doing. It was a choice that was made when I wanted to believe I knew myself at 18 and because of societal norms, was forced to make major life decisions without a lot of information that would have been useful. It’s all good now though. Zero regrets.
- I didn’t completely disappear from all things comedy during this hiatus. What happened was I started doing more drag and it became my comedic outlet. It was challenging and fun and hilarious. But then I stopped because of some hard times, other projects, and overwhelm. I went though a comedic and artistic funk for a while. And now that’s over, so I’m back.
- Ninja boyfriend is out. He did not use my cover letter for Twitter nor get the job there. Obviously not a coincidence. He was mostly good times, like advertising, and also ultimately not for me. And finally, after, oh, a couple of years (just shy of 12 to be exact), the real deal is in. Sinseriously! Ross & Rachel stylee! We’ll call him The Hotter Potter for now. I like the rhyme, but hate how similar it is to Harry Potter (damn that child for stealing my thunder before it had a chance to thunder!), so that’s subject to change. More on him another time(s?). There’s good story here I plan to shine the nonsense on somehow.
- I eventually found the cookie sheet from "Dear Cookie Sheet." Someone had taken it out of the dishwasher and put it somewhere weird in the kitchen. I still have it, but I recently bought a better one so it rarely gets used.
Well, I think that about builds a bridge of marshmallows and bacon over the gap between then and now. More coming soon.